There have been many times where I’ve eaten a snack and been left feeling completely unsatisfied. Can anyone relate?
It has taken many years of trial and error to figure out how to combat this problem but I’ve finally figured out what works for me so I thought I’d share in hopes that it may help you as well!
1) Eat what you crave!- If you want some chocolate cake, eat some dang chocolate cake. Satisfy that craving and you’ll be able to move on with your day.
2) Try to have protein, fats and carbs present.- So you decided to go with a slice of chocolate cake… GREAT! That covers carbs and fats, why not add a little protein in by mixing some collagen in with your coffee while eating said chocolate cake? Not all snacks have to be a fancy plate full of veggies! Which brings me to my last tip…
3) Don’t overthink it- I use to think my snacks had to be some glorified mini meal filled with veggies, starches, proteins, and fats but LIFE doesn’t work like that. We get busy, we get hungry and we NEED fuel. Do your best and forget the rest!
Today I’m sharing these 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Honey Cereal Cups in hopes that they will slay your snacking needs! They definitely fit the bill for me as they have plenty of protein, carbs and fats PLUS they’re high in satisfaction!
To achieve this glorious situation, I used peanut butter, honey and Barbara’s Puffin cereals plus I added a little extra collagen for a healthy protein boost.
Now, if you’re using Barbara’s cereal, follow the directions as written below but if you choose to use something else… keep reading!
Barbara’s cereal is pretty chunky (like, not in a gross way) and I wanted to make sure the cups actually stuck together. I did this by pulsing 2/3 of the cereal in the food processor before combining it all together. IF your cereal is smaller, you could probably get away with skipping this step! I’ve never tried it this way though so let me know how it goes!
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #AHEALTHYHARMONY @AHEALTHYHARMONY. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Honey Cereal Cups
This healthy sweet snack covers all the snacking bases with protein, fat and carbs!
- 3 cup Peanut Butter Cereal I used Barbara's Puffins
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 serving Collagen optional but boosts protein!
In a small sauce pan, whisk the peanut butter and honey over medium heat until combined. Turn off the burner and whisk in the collagen (if using).
In a high speed blender or food processor, pulse 2 cups of the cereal until it becomes small pieces *See Notes!
Pour the broken cereal into a small bowl. Add the remaining cereal and the peanut butter/honey mixture. Stir until fully combined.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and fill 10 molds with the cereal. Press down firmly on the cereal to ensure the cups with stick together.
Place the pan in the refrigerator until the cups are fully set. About 30 minutes.
Once they're set, remove them from the pan ( I used a knife) and keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!